JT Morris Law's attorneys have helped clients succeed on appeals in both federal and Texas courts. While every appeal is different, we always focus on two things: (1) identifying and framing the issues to maximize chances of success and (2) tenacious preparation. The firm also has experience serving as counsel for amicus curiae in appeals over free speech and press freedom.
While we will consider a variety of appeals, we focus on the following appellate matters:
- First Amendment, free speech, and anti-SLAPP issues.
- Section 1983 cases, including appeals over qualified immunity.
- Issues involving social media.
- The intersection of technology and the Constitution.
- Trademark and copyright issues, especially those involving digital media or fair use.
- Student and faculty rights.