Digital Media and Internet Law
JT Morris Law represents and counsels social media developers and users, news and content publishers and distributors, interactive entertainment creators, software developers, and other digital ventures on a wide range of legal issues surrounding digital media and the internet.
Digital Media and Internet Law Litigation
Whether it is online infringement of intellectual property, a social media dispute, or fighting an attempt to silence a client's online speech, JT Morris Law leverages its litigation experience and comfort with the digital environment to help clients resolve digital disputes inside and outside of the courtroom.
Representative digital media and internet law litigation matters include:
- Representing clients in litigation concerning use of social media, online review sites, and other digital environments, with a focus on First Amendment, anti-SLAPP and defamation defense, and electronic privacy issues;
- Representing businesses and individuals in digital copyright, trademark, and unfair competition litigation;
- Helping clients navigate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown process; and
Digital Media and Internet Law Counsel
The firm regularly advises businesses and individuals on a wide-range of digital media and internet legal matters, including:
- Providing guidance on social media policies and best practices for businesses;
- Working with startups and other businesses to draft website terms of service, user agreements, and privacy policies;
- Advising on use of emerging technologies in information-gathering and publishing;
- Advising platforms and intermediaries on various statutes and regulations, such as Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, FOSTA-SESTA, and the Stored Communications Act;
- Advising and representing visual artists, filmmakers, writers, and other creatives in digital content licensing and rights clearance; and
- Counseling clients on digital advertising matters.
JT Morris Law also provides general counsel services for digital media- and internet-driven ventures, such as digital content publishers, social media ventures, and digital entrepreneurs.