Digital Media and Internet Law
JT Morris Law represents and counsels clients on the constantly evolving legal issues surrounding digital media and the internet. Our experience ranges from representing social media users and digital content publishers in litigation and appeals, to advising application and platform developers on the latest developments in internet and digital media law.
Digital Media and Internet Law Litigation
JT Morris Law leverages its litigation experience and comfort with the digital environment to help clients resolve digital disputes inside and outside of the courtroom.
Representative matters include:
- Representing clients in First Amendment litigation over online expression, defending clients against defamation and similar lawsuits based on social media posts, and litigating electronic privacy issues.
- Representing businesses and individuals in copyright, trademark, false advertising, and unfair competition disputes about online content.
- Representing clients in terms-of-service and licensing disputes over digital content and services.
- Helping clients navigate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown process.
- Pre-publication review of websites, mobile applications, and other digital content for potential liability issues.
Digital Media and Internet Law Counsel
The firm regularly advises businesses and individuals on a wide-range of digital media and internet legal matters, including:
- Providing guidance on social media policies and best practices for businesses.
- Advising on various statutes and regulations, such as Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act and the Stored Communications Act.
- Counseling social media influencers on a variety of legal issues.
- Advising on use of emerging technologies in newsgathering and publishing.
- Working with startups and other businesses to draft website terms of service, user agreements, and privacy policies.
- Advising and representing visual artists, filmmakers, writers, and other creatives in digital content licensing and rights clearance.
- Counseling clients on digital advertising issues.
JT Morris Law also provides general counsel services for digital media- and internet-driven ventures, including digital content publishers, social media ventures, and application developers.