Texas’s anti-SLAPP statute protects a citizen’s online reviews about an assisted living facility.
First Amendment and Speech Defense Litigation
JT Morris Law represents individuals and organizations who find their freedom of speech and other First Amendment liberties at risk. The firm has significant experience litigating First Amendment and free speech issues in federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as in administrative proceedings. We also regularly advise clients on First Amendment issues that may affect their professional, educational, or artistic pursuits.
Representative matters on which we represent and counsel clients include:
- Challenging laws, policies, and other government actions that suppress political speech.
- Representing and advising clients on matters at the intersection of technology and free speech, such as government officials blocking speech on their social media pages.
- Defending clients against defamation, invasion of privacy, and business disparagement lawsuits.
- Defending journalists against threats to newsgathering.
- Advising on access and open government issues.
- Helping students protect their First Amendment rights.
- Guiding businesses and individuals on advertising and signage regulations.
An example of how Texas’s anti-SLAPP statute protects citizens who speak up about community issues.