JT provides some thoughts on withholding video of critical incidents.
First Amendment and Free Speech Litigation
JT Morris Law helps individuals and organizations protect their freedom of speech and other First Amendment liberties. Our experience spans defending expressive rights in federal and state trial and appeals courts, as well as in administrative proceedings. We also regularly advise clients on First Amendment issues affecting their professional and individual pursuits.
Representative matters on which we represent and counsel clients include:
- Challenging laws, policies, and government action that target protected speech.
- Representing clients at the intersection of technology and the First Amendment, including issues over free speech and the internet.
- Defending clients against lawsuits based on their speech, including defamation, invasion of privacy, and business disparagement lawsuits.
- Defending journalists against threats to newsgathering and publishing.
- Advising clients on access and open government issues.
- Helping students and faculty protect their First Amendment rights on- and off-campus.
Texas’s anti-SLAPP statute protects a citizen’s online reviews about an assisted living facility.
An example of how Texas’s anti-SLAPP statute protects citizens who speak up about community issues.