The Fifth Circuit recognizes that the 1st Amendment may apply to government social media pages.
First Amendment and Speech Defense Litigation
JT Morris Law represents individuals and organizations who find their freedom of speech and other First Amendment liberties at risk. The firm has significant experience litigating First Amendment and free speech issues in federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as in administrative proceedings. We also regularly advise clients on First Amendment issues that may affect their professional, educational, or artistic pursuits.
Representative matters on which we represent and counsel clients include:
- Challenging laws and government actions that suppress political speech.
- Representing and advising clients on matters at the intersection of technology and free speech.
- Defending clients against defamation, invasion of privacy, and business disparagement lawsuits.
- Helping students protect their First Amendment rights.
- Challenging regulations that restrict the speech of licensed professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Defending against threats to journalist news gathering and publication efforts.
- Advising on access and open government issues.
JT offers his thoughts on recent political approaches to the campus free speech issue.