Intellectual Property Litigation
JT Morris Law represents clients in copyright, trademark, unfair competition, and patent disputes over a wide range of industries. We have significant experience litigating IP issues concerning digital content publishing and distribution, software and computer systems, telecommunications and mobile devices, art and literature, media and entertainment, and consumer goods and services.
Our attorneys have litigated and resolved IP disputes on behalf of both intellectual property owners and those accused of infringement. We understand the need to account for each client's unique goals in resolving an IP dispute. And whether meeting those goals involves pursuing an advantageous settlement short of trial, or instead taking the dispute to the courtroom, JT Morris Law works with clients to prepare effective and cost-efficient strategies in pursuit of a successful outcome.
And because of our agility as a boutique firm, we are well-situated to serve individuals, emerging companies, non-profits, and small and midsize businesses in IP disputes.
Our representative experience includes:
- Representing plaintiffs and defendants in trademark, copyright, and patent lawsuits, including helping clients obtain favorable trial verdicts, summary judgment rulings, and settlements
- Representing defendants in copyright litigation and pre-litigation disputes involving internet and other digital media content
- Obtaining temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions to stop trademark infringement and false advertising
- Helping defendants in infringement lawsuits avoid preliminary injunctions to ensure their continued freedom to operate
- Resolving trademark disputes and successfully negotiating co-existence agreements
- Guiding clients involved in patent litigation through the claim construction and Markman hearing process
- Helping software and app creators, visual artists, and authors successfully resolve disputes over the infringement of their copyrighted work
The firm also has experience serving as local counsel for intellectual property litigation in the Western District of Texas.